We use premium managed hosting that is many levels above commonly used website hosting platforms. Below is a list of some of what our hosting environment includes:
Hosting provider conducts periodic code reviews and security audits of all internal environments and processes. They partner with third-party, independent security firms to ensure best practice security measures are always in place. Plus, they conduct frequent, proactive vulnerability scans and perform penetration testing.
The servers are scanned for insecure or CPU intensive website components on hosted websites and automatically removed when necessary.
Hack guarantee – In the unlikely event that a site is compromised, the host will fix it at no extra cost to us.
Sites are separated from other customers at the kernel and filesystem level
SLA – service availability of 99.95% (“Service Availability”), calculated on a calendar month
The platform stack includes:
- Google cloud storage
- Servers located in the US
- Apache + Nginx & Varnish
- MaxCDN. (Formerly called NetDNA)
- Database: MySQL for Debian-Linux-gnu (x86_64)
- Data access via SFTP
- Latest PHP release
- SSL included
- Flexible traffic bandwidth
- Automated Daily backups and backups prior to system updates
- 24/7 365 Technical support in US, UK and Ireland
- Robust anti-hack, anti virus measures are deployed and monitored